TikTok has rolled out a new feature to help small businesses create content that is more engaging, relevant and relatable.
Creative Cards are data-backed prompts offering creators tips on how to make posts that resonate more effectively with their audience. These cards are divided into five categories:
- Creator tools
Why we care. Creative Cards may prove particularly valuable to brands that are new to TikTok and unsure of how to effectively optimize content for maximum exposure and engagement. This feature could also be handy for more experienced content creators in need of inspiration during the all-important holiday season.
How it works. Content creators wanting to explore this new feature will need to register for access. Once access has been granted, you will be able to scroll through more than 100 digital cards for ideas.
Breaking it down. Depending on what area of content creation you want assistance with, TikTok Creative Cards are split into categories:
- Community: These insights are designed to assist creators in actively engaging their audience for building customer loyalty. Examples include integrating customer testimonials and crafting content based on user comments.
- Edutainment: This category includes creative ways to showcase products, share lessons learned and introduce offers.
- Creator Tools: From storytelling and green screen concepts to incorporating music and captions, the creator tools category explores various ways for creators to boost views and enhance likability.
- Trends: These cards have been designed to help creators brainstorm how to take part in trending memes and hashtags.
- Storytelling: This final category explores different approaches creators can take to telling their business’s journey and the challenges faced.
Get the daily newsletter search marketers rely on.
What TikTok is saying. A TikTok spokesperson said in a statement:
- “TikTok Creative Cards help you develop new ways to communicate with concise ad concepts displayed on a collection of digital cards. With so many thought starters at the ready, it’s easy to keep your content fresh and avoid going stale, which can help you attract attention to seasonal products and gift ideas.”
- “Actively engage your audience, show off your expertise with a side of fun, and make your small business relevant and relatable with innovative ideas for celebrating the holidays.”
Deep dive. Read TikTok’s announcement in full for more information.
New on Search Engine Land