Google has launched a new help document that gives business owners an overview of the Google Business Profile policies. I received an email about this update yesterday that read, “we’re simplifying our policies and guidelines.”
The email went on to say, “As of Jul 31, 2023, our Help Center pages will be reorganized. These changes will make it easier for you to understand our policies and find the resources you need. They shouldn’t otherwise impact your Business Profile experience. Visit our policy section to learn more.”
Here is a screenshot of that email:
The new page is over here and has sections for:
- All Google Business Profile policies & guidelines
- Prohibited and restricted content
- Account level restrictions
- Posting restrictions
- Reasons submitted content may be rejected
- Other reasons content may fail to publish
This might make it easier for new businesses just getting started with Google Business Profiles to learn about these policies.
Forum discussion at Twitter.