Marketing podcasts are a great way to learn from industry experts. But with so many excellent options out there, it can be hard to narrow down your list.
The good news? We’ve done it for you.
Here are the top marketing podcasts to follow this year, whether you want to learn about lead generation trends, the latest in AI, or new SEO tools.
1. The Digital Marketing Podcast
“The Digital Marketing Podcast” is a weekly podcast published by Target Internet, a digital marketing course provider. It’s hosted by fintech growth expert Ciaran Rogers, author and speaker Daniel Rowles, and digital marketing expert Louise Crossley.
Guests have included David Allison, a human behavior expert and advisor to global brands, and Philip Storey, an email marketing strategist and marketing agency CEO.
You’ll find episodes catering to beginners and experts on the following topics:
- Dominating local SEO
- Artificial intelligence ethics
- Nurturing customer relationships on social media
- Building custom reports in GA4
Further reading: 10 Best SEO Podcasts to Listen to Now
This popular podcast is hosted by Michael Stelzner, founder of Social Media Examiner.
He started the podcast in 2012 to help marketers, creators, and entrepreneurs improve their marketing skills and stay current on the latest trends and advancements.
Today, it’s still one of the go-to podcasts for social media advice. Each week, Michael interviews a leading expert who shares valuable insights, business success stories, or tips for improving your social media marketing skills.
Podcast episodes cover a range of topics, including the following:
- Social media platform updates
- Using Facebook ads to grow your audience
- Leveraging social media algorithms to increase exposure
- Adopting AI writing tools to run your business
Whether you’re new to the scene or a seasoned social media marketer, you’ll learn something new from Michael and his expert interviews. 45-minute episodes are released weekly.
3. The Copyblogger Podcast
As a well-known writing resource and academy, Copyblogger teaches excellence in content marketing. It’s no surprise then that “The Copyblogger Podcast” follows suit.
Hosted by Copyblogger CEO Tim Stoddart, the podcast is filled with practical advice on everything from email marketing and copywriting to optimization and mindset.
Tim is known for his candid conversations with industry leaders. He and his guests share real-world experiences and actionable tips listeners can apply to their own work.
They cover topics like:
- Common misconceptions about using AI for writing
- Finding time to publish content as your business grows
- Growing your email list
- The secret to writing high-performing content
4. The CMO Podcast
Jim Stengel, entrepreneur and former chief marketing officer (CMO) of Procter & Gamble, hosts the “CMO Podcast.”
This business marketing podcast features in-depth interviews between Jim and top marketing executives.
In one episode, Jim speaks to American Eagle Outfitters’ chief marketing officer (CMO) on how to market to millennials. In another, he chats with Upwork’s CMO about leading with empathy and adopting a GM mindset.
You’ll find topics on:
- Inclusivity in business and life
- Marketing to Generation Z
- Using technology and automation to improve customer experience
- The power of storytelling in brand marketing
Listen to this podcast if you want to learn from high-level business leaders. It offers a unique look into a CMO’s thought process and motivations.
5. Online Marketing Made Easy with Amy Porterfield
In this top marketing podcast, content specialist and digital course creator Amy Porterfield shares strategies related to content marketing trends, social media marketing, and email marketing.
The podcast includes interviews with online marketing experts like CEO and entrepreneur Jasmine Star and personal branding expert Jen Gottlieb. Amy also shares her personal experiences with burnout, switching niches, and canceling a course launch mid-launch.
Amy also takes you behind the scenes and reveals the strategies behind her successful online course launches.
Amy provides actionable tips for things like:
- Creating your first digital course
- The most important business metrics to track
- Increasing profit margins
- Embracing your fears around money
6. The Savvy Social Podcast
Social media marketing expert Andrea Jones hosts “The Savvy Social Podcast,” which covers social media marketing news.
For example, in one popular episode, you learn why an entrepreneur who built their business on social media left X (formerly Twitter). In another, Andrea and a guest discuss building a successful social media funnel on platforms like Instagram and LinkedIn.
Other topics include:
- Building a personality-driven brand on social media
- Avoiding social media fatigue
- Legal implications of memes
- Hacks for repurposing content
7. BS-Free Service Business Show
If you’re a freelancer, agency owner, or creative, you’ll love the “BS-Free Service Business Show.”
Marketing agency owner and host Maggie Patterson started the podcast to provide “fluff-free” lessons on how to grow your business and make a living doing what you love.
Maggie’s specialty is calling out non-essential and misleading parts of business, like overpromising results or hiding the total cost of services or products. If you listen to this podcast, you’ll learn how to operate your business with integrity, authenticity, and bravery.
Maggie discusses things like:
- Maintaining a simple and sustainable business
- Myths of running a micro-agency
- Practical pricing advice for service business owners
- The power of retainer clients
“The BS-Free Service Business Show” is published weekly. Episodes range from 10 minutes to an hour.
8. The Tim Ferriss Show
Tim Ferriss is famously known for his bestselling book, “The 4-Hour Workweek.” Although he covers diverse topics on his podcast, from self-improvement to investing, he also deconstructs the success of world-class performers.
He dives into the strategies, tools, and routines these individuals use to excel in their respective fields, offering listeners insights they can apply to their own lives and careers.
Tim covers other topics such as:
- The role of electroceuticals in overcoming depression
- Optimizing sleep and overcoming anxiety
- Tactics for writer’s block
- Giving and receiving feedback
You’ll like this podcast if you’re interested in self-improvement, entrepreneurship, and learning from successful people, no matter their background.
9. Duct Tape Marketing
“Duct Tape Marketing” is one of the most popular marketing podcasts—and for good reason. John Jantsch, podcast host, best-selling author, and founder of Duct Tape Marketing, has over 30 years of industry experience.
Many episodes center on interviews with industry experts, authors, and entrepreneurs who share growth strategies and marketing resources with listeners. John also shares his personal experiences and advice to help listeners reach their business goals.
This podcast covers a wide range of marketing topics, including the following:
- Lead generation
- Building a people-centric culture
- Transforming a negative customer experience into a positive one
- Mastering newsletters
Further reading: The 19 Best Marketing Apps for Small Business Owners
10. Your First Million
“Your First Million,” hosted by Arlan Hamilton, explores entrepreneur topics. This includes the journey to achieving significant business milestones, like—you guessed it—earning your first million dollars.
Arlan is known for advocating diversity and inclusion in tech and startups. And is published author and the founder of Backstage Capital—a venture capital fund that invests in underrepresented founders.
Her podcast features interviews with successful entrepreneurs like popular content creator Monique Hinton and Nike Air Jordan shoe designer Jason Maydon.
Arlan and her guests discuss:
- Startup strategies
- The challenges and triumphs of building a business
- Building your financial freedom
- Selling an online company
11. Everyone Hates Marketers
Louis Grenier is a marketing expert and the host of “Everyone Hates Marketers.” On his “zero-fluff” podcast, Louis explores alternative marketing practices that, in his words, “don’t require selling your soul.”
He also interviews industry thought leaders like Joe Pulizzi, founder of Content Marketing World, who share effective marketing strategies and actionable tips.
- Embracing your weirdness and making money from it
- Building a seven-figure business
- Psychological biases every marketer should know
- Avoiding toxic hustle
12. Perpetual Traffic
“Perpetual Traffic” is a digital and product marketing podcast hosted by experts Ralph Burns and Kasim Aslam.
The podcast features interviews with guests like Shopify expert Scott Cunningham, who shares his five-step formula to boost conversions on your Shopify store.
Other episodes have covered topics such as:
- Selling your business
- Maximizing Google Ads during peak selling times like Black Friday
- AI’s role in marketing trends
- The difference between Reddit and other social media platforms
Whether you’re experienced or just starting out in marketing, you’ll pick up new traffic strategies.
13. MarTech Podcast
Benjamin Shapiro, host of the “MarTech Podcast” host, is an experienced entrepreneur and marketing strategy consultant.
Every episode, Shapiro interviews industry experts, thought leaders, and professionals in the martech space who can help you navigate the complex world of marketing technology.
For example, in a recent episode, Benjamin interviews COO Jake Randall from tech company Common Room on navigating the modern buyer’s journey with influencer marketing.
This podcast covers a range of topics:
- Using analytics to understand customer feedback
- The latest trends in automation, data analytics, and artificial intelligence
- Using empathy-based personas instead of cookies
- Live commerce strategies for ecommerce brands
14. The Influencer Podcast
Best-selling author and business coach Julie Solomon hosts “The Influencer Podcast.” In addition to sharing her insights, she interviews expert marketers, thought leaders, and business owners to help you grow your brand and business.
The podcast covers a wide range of topics, including the following:
- Conquering fear, motivation, and focus
- Brain hacks to beat analysis paralysis
- Proven time management tactics
- Mastering Instagram growth and monetization
15. Ecommerce Influence
If you have an ecommerce business, you’ll enjoy “Ecommerce Influence” with host Austin Brawner.
Austin is the founder and CEO of Brand Growth Experts, an ecommerce coaching business. In each episode, he shares his best tips and tricks for making your business a massive success.
He also interviews industry experts, like entrepreneur Drew Sanocki, whom he calls the “Don Draper of direct mail.”
Here’s a look at some of the topics you’ll see on the podcast:
- Bridging the gap between retail and DTC
- Optimizing your ecommerce site
- Simple ways to facilitate repeat purchases
- Writing copy that converts
16. Marketing Over Coffee
Industry experts John Wall and Christopher Penn host “Marketing Over Coffee.” The podcast is recorded in a coffee shop setting with a laid-back approach to discussing the latest trends, tools, and techniques in the marketing industry.
You’ll often find notable guests on this podcast, including best-selling author Seth Godin and digital marketing pioneer Ann Handley.
John and Chris discuss a variety of topics:
- Organic SEO
- Generative AI in marketing
- Audio tools and techniques
- Crisis communication
17. Market Your Genius
Are you a service-based business owner? If so, you’ll want to check out “Market Your Genius.” Host and international success coach Nikki Nash will help you take your service-based business to the next level with each episode.
Nikki covers topics like:
- Building a high-performing marketing team
- Mapping out a content plan in minutes
- Getting booked on podcasts
- Mastering the retreat business model
18. Smart Passive Income
“Smart Passive Income” host and entrepreneur Pat Flynn considers himself the “crash test dummy of online business.”
Through his experiences and interviews with influential industry experts like Tim Ferriss, Gary Vaynerchuk, and Ramit Sethi, you’ll learn how to grow your business and create successful passive income streams.
The podcast covers a variety of topics:
- Converting followers into customers
- The roadmap to building a million-dollar business
- Adding physical products to your brand
- A hidden revenue source for client-based businesses
“Smart Passive Income” does not publish on a set schedule, but you can find a new episode every few days. Episodes range from 15 minutes to an hour. Listen to “Smart Passive Income” on Spotify and Apple Podcasts.
19. Side Hustle Pro
Social media strategist and entrepreneur Nicaila Matthews Okome hosts “Side Hustle Pro.” The podcast centers around the stories of Black women entrepreneurs who have turned their side hustles into profitable businesses.
Most episodes feature Nicaila interviewing women who share the strategies that led to their business success.
For example, in Episode 371, Nicaila chats with Bola Sokunbi, creator of one of the largest personal finance and educational platforms for women, about turning a side hustle into a worldwide success.
Other topics include:
- Finding financial balance while working and side hustling
- Legally protecting yourself if you take on a business partner
- Juggling motherhood and business
- Mastering financial freedom
The best marketing podcasts not only teach you something but inspire you to act. Seth Godin, prolific best-selling author and marketing thought leader, hosts “Akimbo,” a podcast about “our culture and how we can change it.”
“Akimbo” reflects Seth’s unconventional approach to thinking and problem-solving in business. It’s perfect for digital marketers, entrepreneurs, and agency owners who want to stand out and make a difference in their fields.
- How management can change the world
- The impact of technology on society
- The power of storytelling in marketing
- The magic of inconvenience
Why Listen to Podcasts on Marketing?
The number one reason to listen to podcasts about marketing is to learn from industry experts and thought leaders. Learning from successful industry veterans is a fantastic way to develop and hone skills, both professionally and personally.
The best part is you can listen to podcasts on the go—while commuting, cooking, grocery shopping, or working out.
Stay Ahead with Marketing Podcasts and Semrush
Listening to top marketing podcasts will help you grow your skills and business. But as you learn more and get more ideas from podcasts, you’ll need tools to help you turn ideas into reality.
Semrush’s suite of tools can help. With comprehensive tools for SEO, PPC, social media, research, and more.
Get started with a free trial today.